Short Walk - Cates Park to Strathcona Park and return:
Don’t have time for a longer walk? Walk the route from #1 to #8 to Strathcona Park as noted in the Full Walk and return to Cates Park by going back by your previous route. Or...
- Go through Strathcona Park to Strathcona Road.
- Turn LEFT on Strathcona Road.
- Proceed along Strathcona Road and turn left onto Kinloch Lane.
- Proceed along Kinloch Lane and turn left onto Mt. Seymour Parkway.
- Almost immediately, turn right onto Beachview Drive.
- Turn left onto Golf Drive.
- Turn right onto Seashell Lane.
- Proceed along Seashell Lane until you reach Little Cates Park.
- Proceed to the trail that parallels the beach (Malcolm Lowry Trail) or return to the beach, both lead back to your starting point in Cates Park. If you take this route, observe the many street-end trails that will take you back to the beach if you wish.